5/23/11

Beer

You know the movie Beerfest?
Ever wonder if such a place exists?


Hello Spring Beerfest in Munich, Germany.

Giant tents filled with German men wearing their lederhosen, giant pretzels the size of your head, and enormous liter large beers do exist at spring beerfest.




In fact (while not quite as insane as beerfest) Munich is home to many beerhalls open all year round.
Let's open one in America.

The best part of the weekend:
Miss Kari Anne Augusten came to visit!
(for those of you that don't know shes my Norwegian friend that
studied at my high school. I visited in Norway a couple of summers ago)

Adore her :)



 An absolute blast!

The majority of the weekend was spent exploring the city and well,
drinking beer like all the Germans.

 The tents were unexplainable-
 just think of the movie. The hotdogs were over a foot long. The carnival rides lit up the night. The live music played. And the glass beer mugs clicked in cheers.





Don't you worry, my entire weekend was not spent sipping brew.
Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site was an eerie and heart
throbbing experience. It amazes me the devastating things that
happened there. And such a short time ago.



All in all I would fly back in the fall for Octoberfest in a heartbeat if I could.


Besides how fun the city was, the beauty of Germany
pleasantly surprised me.
 (For some reason I never imagines rolling
hills filled with dandelions and amazing green)




The last day our bus took a trip to the Neuschwanstein castle, situated in the Alps. It is the building the Disney castle was based off of. Once again out of a movie.


Living a fairytale.



Love,

Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment