2/1/11

Wine

In the words of my teacher:

“If you don’t like wine, you better learn. It’s part of our culture. Americans drink Coca-Cola, we drink wine.”

Well that may have been the easiest assignment ever received. I must admit, wine has probably been my main source of hydration. I don’t even want to know the wine to water ratio my friends and I have consumed. Waiters actually think you’re a tad crazy if dinner is ordered without wine. It truly is part of the Italian culture to share conversation and wine… no complaints there.

Part of our wine
 bottle collection


On a personal note, I had a goal of liking red wine by the end of my time in Florence. The taste of red wine was not appealing to me
 pre-Italy (guess that’s what you get for drinking boxed Franzia red wine). But I am happy to say within a week of being here; I now happily enjoy the taste.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment