2/1/11

Home Sweet Home

Wander down the most adorable Florentine street, climb up three flights of stone stairs, figure out how to open the lock, and you have arrived at our apartment: 63 Borgo la Croce






There is an entry room, a dinning room, a kitchen with the prettiest window, two bathrooms (well… one is the size of a closet so maybe we should count that as half a bathroom), and two bedrooms. The high ceilings and wooden shutters are identical to what I envisioned an Italian apartment to look like. Although, I was fully prepared for Jenna, Alex, Chelsey (my little Italian family, love them all so much), and I to be crammed in a shoebox apartment. The only complaint is it slightly frigid; we have been known to sleep in hats on occasion.

Nevertheless, it has already become the meeting place for our friends and our home.   

Our landlords (who literally live right next door) are the most precious Italian couple. They speak only Italian, and we see them out for walks at night. Hope they can put up with us!
The apartment is only a ten minute walk to school
(some people have to walk 40), ten minutes to the Duomo, and not far from any of the amazing Florence shops, restaurants, and
history. I am blown away every time I walk out
of my apartment and am waiting for the green
screen to be pulled away from in front of my
eyes.
Speaking of history, did I mention our apartment is in a 700 year old building? That thought is mindboggling to me. I can’t even comprehend how many meals have been cooked in our kitchen, families have lived there, and memories that have been made there.
If our 700 year old walls could talk, they would surely tell you some great stories of our shenanigans already!

 Of course, everyone is invited to visit!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment